Monday, June 1, 2015

Trying not to beat myself up about my weight loss program

Today has not been a good day in Fort Worth, Texas. I'm doing well with the eating and exercise part of my weight loss program. The whole emotional part of weight loss is different. I know that I should focus on the positive. I know that I should be focusing on the successes that I have had with my weight loss journey. The loss of 127 pounds is a big success.

When things go bad emotionally then mentally attacking your own body is easy. When things go bed relationship wise it's easy to spit out a bucket full of negative comments. When the dating scene just seems like it's dried up. It takes a toll on a persons emotions. I'm fighting against spitting out those negative comments.

Just recently I have stepped back into the dating scene. I had been married for 12 years and we grew apart. He didn't want the same goals as I wanted in life. He will be my best friend till the end of my life or his. We just couldn't see living together anymore if we are not completely happy.

The dating scene has been horrible. They either love my personality but don't like my size. Or they love BBW but I'm a SSBBW. Or I'm not big enough of a women for them to like me. It's hard to find a middle ground or your place in the dating world. Then you find that one guy that loves your personality and he loves your size. He loves the fact that you are losing weight and have awesome career goals. Then you find out that he's married.

This kind of information can make a woman feel inferior. Then the negative comments start flooding in. Or negative comments from other people will replay in a persons mind. It's funny. When other people talk negatively to me, I stick up for myself. When I talk negatively to myself, it seems like nothing can stop the verbal abuse.

Your so ugly that you can only attract men who are already taken
No one wants someone that big
Fix that face Fatso

Usually, it would ruin my whole weight loss program. I would emotionally eat until I was bursting from the seems. Or I would give up on my weight loss journey. Thankfully, I don't do those two things anymore. Now if I could stop verbally beating myself up then the world would be a happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment