Sunday, June 14, 2015

Work is getting in the way

It has been tough trying to go from Fort Worth Flab to Fort Worth Fit. As the title says it, I have been letting my job get in the way of my work outs. I wonder if I can count all the walking that I do at work into my weight loss program. I don't think it's a fast enough walk though. I know that I am not walking two miles an hour.

I recently took a pedometer to work and counted the steps that I do. If I am walking around the campus, I am able to fit about two miles of walking into my work day. That equals about six to seven miles a week depending on how busy it is at work. There are days when I'm jogging across campus because of the type of emergencies that we have.


Breakfast
3 ounces of steak
2 cups of lettuce and 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
1 cup of cauliflower

Lunch
Grilled fish sandwich with tarter sauce, bun, lettuce, and tomato
1/2 cup of egg drop soup

Dinner
2 servings of corn flakes with milk

Snack
Serving of vegetable chips

Snack
Granola bar

I haven't been getting on the scale during my weight loss program. I really don't care what the numbers say on the scale. I love the fact that the swelling has gone down in my body. I see less swelling in my hands, feet, and lower legs. Truthfully, I want to take up less space in clothing and in my lovers bed.

I also love the fact that my stomach is taking a different shape. I'll talk about that later though. It's time to end my shift. It's time to do my last bit of rounds. Then it's time to head home to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment