Saturday, June 27, 2015

The fireman followed me where?

I really need to amp up my weight loss and healthy eating. Nothing shows a person how out of shape they are when 4 cute Firemen are following you up the stairs to check how much smoke there is in the building. Of course I wanted to be tough, I wanted to be able to sprint up the stairs. Nope, I waddled up the stairs. I'm so ashamed.

Today really opened my eyes on how out of shape I am. Sure I see pictures of myself with flab hanging all over the place. I know that there is muscle under that flab if I am able to carry my body well. I have always been able to carry my body well and quickly.

I want to be able to do my job well. I want to be able to carry 15 pounds of gear without a problem. I want to stop sweating like a leaf in a rain forest during hot Texas Summer months. I want to be able to save a life if I'm ever put into that position.

A friend has invited me the gym. Normally I work out at home. I think I'll take her up on the offer this time. I know with muscle tone, I'll be able to climb the stairs at work with no problem. As soon as I increase my endurance then I'll be able to run up the stair before the Firemen do.

No comments:

Post a Comment