Sunday, June 21, 2015

Physical scare

Today I feel like my weight loss program and fitness lifestyle is not good enough. I feel that I don't have enough muscle on my body. I had a scare this morning. One of the clients at my job physically attacked me. Thankfully it was just a slap on the head.

I sat there why it was over to think about things. What if it was more. What if the attack was more aggressive. What if I was flat on my back with the need to get the man off of me. Do I have enough muscle mass to handle a 250 pound man.

I know I have enough moxie to fight back. It's actually funny. I caught the glances of some of the Fort Worth Police Department Officers. I'm wondering if they were thinking the same thing. How did this mass of fat handle a man that is pretty much muscle.

I don't ever want to have this fear again. I've been told that fear is good. Fear is what keeps us alive. Perhaps it's not fear that I don't want again but doubt. I don't want to have the doubt that. I want to be sure that I can handle myself.

Some of my weight loss and lifestyle goals are to:
Have a black belt in Kendo
Take self defense classes every year
Wear a badge even if it's as an armed security guard

I need to not have this doubt because I need to know that I can take care of myself to do these things. It's really time to up my weight loss and fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment