Sunday, May 31, 2015

Walking and weight loss

I wonder if can count my patrols as exercise for my weight loss program. I don't usually walk very fast but I am walking constantly. On the job, I have to do a new patrol every fifteen minutes. My patrol consists of four buildings and the inside of one building.

This week I'll be doing this kind of patrol eleven days straight. Normally I work two days sentry and then 28 hours on patrol. I really do prefer to be on patrol. The activity makes the time go by faster. Plus I like the fact that I'm doing something active.

How are my workouts going?

I still have to baby my left foot. The arch of the foot is still sore. I did go out and buy a pair of new shoes. By the time 6 a.m. comes around, my feet are dog tired though. I have a feeling that the usual pain is from having 200 extra pounds on my feet. I don't think that Dr. Scholls could even fix that pain.

I've been really tired from working the extra hours. I still trying to get my wall push ups done at work. The rest of the stuff is going to have to wait a week. I don't think I'm going to ruin my body too much by taking a week off from a heavy work out.

One thing that I have learned from my adventures in weight loss is that good footing is really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment