Saturday, June 13, 2015

Fix that face fatty and my weight loss journey

It's been about a year and a couple months of being on my weight loss journey. I have come a long way both physically and mentally. I recently had a man tell me "Fix that face fatty" Honestly, he was mad that I would not go to bed with him. What happened amazed me.

In the past, a comment like that would really upset me. I would be emotionally crushed. I would hate the way that I looked. I would mentally  beat myself up over one persons comment. I would not eat healthy like this:

Breakfast:
Serving of whole wheat cereal
Serving of milk
Medium apple

Lunch
Turkey sandwich with lots of vegetables
Beef and vegetable soup

Dinner
Chicken breast grilled with mustard sauce
Grilled cauliflower
Bake potato with sour cream and chives

As I walk farther and farther down this weight loss path, things like this do not hurt me anymore. I'm at an emotional state at this moment where comments like that will get a whole lot of moxie. Yes, moxie has become my new favorite word. I figure if men and women don't like me at the size that I am now then that is on them. They don't have to
like me when I'm at the size that I want to be. They don't have to  join my
healthy lifestyle journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment