Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My favorite Fort Worth Panther!

I have a little story of inspiration for you Fort Worth, Texans. It all started when two clients at my work were fighting over a pair of sun glasses. We had put both of them outside to cool down. One wanted to make a Police report, so we called the Fort Worth Police Department.

I had been working the front desk at the time. Of course I was listening to the conversation. I noticed that the Officer had difficulty speaking. As I listened more, I found that yes he definitely had a daily battle with stuttering.

At that moment I wanted to knock myself upside the head for being so foolish with my life. Here is a man that struggle with stuttering every day. I'm sure he was teased as a child. That didn't stop him though. He went through the thirty one weeks of training. Now an active Fort Worth Police Officer.

How can we as people give up so quickly on our goals. How can we put things off for another day. We are not promised tomorrow. We are not promised our next breath. If someone can take on a challenge like that. Why can me not work towards a healthy diet and optimal performance?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment