Thursday, July 9, 2015

A day full of regrets

I know as someone who is trying to also be a teacher of healthy eating habits. I shouldn't really write about having a day of regrets. I would rather be honest about my weight loss adventures. There are going to be days when there seems like there is a cloud over your head.

A person would think that this is a good thing in Fort Worth, Texas. At least I have shade from the heat. I don't have protection from the pain that I feel in my heart though. Today was indeed a tough day of battling those internal wars. It's made worse by coming home to an empty apartment.

There are just some things that I should have done when I was younger that would affect me greatly today. I know that everything happens for a reason be it either good or bad. It just makes me angry sometimes thinking about the tenure I would have as a Medic or Law Enforcement Officer. I would have 23 years experience if I had not talked myself out of it.

The excuses for not being a Medic? I don't like the sight of blood. I'm not thin enough at 220 pounds. I wouldn't be able to give someone CPR. Yet, I see Medics every day who are the size I was back then. I have no problem dealing with blood or injuries. Actually I'm the one who's grabbing the gloves at applying pressure to wounds till EMS gets to the shelter.

The excuses for not being a Law Enforcement Officer. I'm not thin enough. I don't like to run. I can't run as fast as the other little cadets. Now at 43 years old. It's too late.

So my life is filled with being the best Security Supervisor as I can be. I mean I do have a lot to handle. I really like my job. Even on the days when I'm running around on my feet for several hours. I just wish I had done more or want to find ways of doing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment