Sunday, July 19, 2015

8 Mile

No I'm not Eminem Fort Worth Texas. Just sitting here celebrating a weight loss challenge. As of today, I have eight miles into my job challenge. I promise I'll be running like those guys that I see on Sunday one day. What am I talking about?

Every Sunday these three guys pass by the bus pass on their run. Every Sunday I wish I was these fellas. Well I wish I was running. I don't know if it's because I have the need to run in a pack or the need to just have the ability to run. 

I know that in the past that I wasn't a very good runner. I have the great ability for hikes, walks, and dancing. I just became a dorky looking when I tried to take off on a sprint. I just seemed like I couldn't put one foot in front of the other correctly.

So one of my weight loss and health goals is to be able to run a 14 minute mile around Fort Worth, Texas. I may never become civil servant but damn I want the ability to save a person if I have to. There is nothing wrong with wanting your body in optimal performance.

So there it is. If I'm not doing 45 minute 3 mile runs by next Summer, you have the right to track me down and tear into me like a drill Sargent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment