Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hitting the streets March 8th, 2014

At 525, there is not much I can do. So for my Weight Loss Work Out, I decided to hit the streets with my walking shoes. If you are my size and just starting out. I'd like to give you some tips.

Be sure that you stretch
We don't want to tear or twist anything in the foot. A weight loss journey should be a healthy journey in all aspects. It's time to take care of yourself and not beat yourself up. Be sure to flex your feet, stretch your tendons, and warm up those knees.

Have Support
Make sure that you have a good pair of walking shoes. Do your best to only use them for your work outs.

Take it slow
Don't run a marathon on the first day. If you can just walk down the block then walk down the block and back. If you can do half a mile then start with half a mile.

Today I started with a mile walk. That was a half mile up my street and then a half mile back. I eventually would like to attend a 3 day fight cancer walk. I think the goal is to raise $3000 per person.

No comments:

Post a Comment