Friday, March 14, 2014

Healthy Banana Sushi for the whole family

Are you looking for healthy snacks for yourself and the kids? I personally love sushi. I had to share when I saw this recipe in FamilyFun for Banana Sushi. The recipe is made with sugar free peanut butter. The great thing is that almost any kind of nut butter can be used for this healthy recipes. Many use sunflower seed, cashew nut, and soy butter for this family snack idea.

Start with a large banana and trip it so that it will lay flat on it's side. So one side will have a flat side and the rest will be rounded. Cut into thick 2 inch chunks. Use a butter knife to apply a coating of nut butter or soy butter. I personally like using almond butter. Then coat the banana with a healthy topping.

Some people use Chia seeds, unsweetened shredded coconut, crushed pretzels, and chopped walnuts. I've also used sliced almonds and mini miniature chocolate chips.


What are Chia seeds?
Chia is grown commercially for its seed, a food that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. I have spoken with people who use Chia seeds in their eating plans. They say that the seed puffs up and allows them to feel fuller while they are eating. I love the fact that a person can obtain Omega 3 fatty acids from a plant base.

No comments:

Post a Comment