Thursday, March 12, 2015

Would I be dating a Fort Worth Panther?

Would I be dating a Fort Worth Panther if I was at my goal weight? Would I be dating a Fort Worth Police Officer if I had more courage and ego to give Officer M. my telephone number? With the things that a co-worker has said, I wonder sometimes. Of course she could be blowing smoke in my face.

It's really frustrating that people allow their looks to stop them from taking a risk. It all started with a question. "How much do you make rolling toilet paper." I have to admit that I thought Officer M was a mule for asking such a question at first. A cute mule but a mule none the less.

Then Officer M and his partner kept showing up for calls to my place of employment. I remember one night when I got off the bus and the were a swarm of squad cars. There seemed to be something serious going down. That was when I realized that I was attracted. I told him to be careful. I got the sternest look and a "Don't worry about me." Yeah I thought he was a mule again. A cute mule but still a mule.

Then the words from my co-worker started when I would have to take time off work. Things that Officer M had said.

"Where's my girl?"
"I'm glad when you and she are on duty."
"What hospital is she in?"

I wonder if he would have visited me at John Peter Smith if my co-worker had known where I was. I won't get to find out though. Officer M is now working in another section of Fort Worth, Texas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment